Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Comforting Hot Cacao

Hot Cacao Recipe
Photo: South Beach Primal 
Okay. I know, I know, I know, I said I wouldn't post any food or drink recipes.. but this one, I just couldn't resist! The perfect pick-me-up for a cold, late afternoon in December, hot cacao was exactly what I needed today to lift my spirits...and lift my spirits, it did! This recipe, which I adapted from Valentina Zelyaeva's blog (who has tons of great juice and smoothie recipes) was WAY too good to keep all to myself.




What you'll need: 
1 Cup Almond Milk
1 Tbs Raw Cacao Powder
2 Tbs Raw Honey
1 Pinch of Salt
1 Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (only if you want to add some kick, otherwise I'd add Cinnamon instead)

Directions: 
Place all ingredients in a sauce pan. Place on the stove over a low fire. Stir occasionally. Heat until warm (don't boil!) then pour into mug and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. ooh this hot cacao seems soothing! I'm so gunna try this. thanks for sharing!

    xo, Carla
    www.CarlaViolet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Yes, it's soothing and so easy to make. Let me know how you like it!

      Delete