Monday, January 20, 2014

Currently Craving: 3 Ways to Keep Your Head Warm This Winter

Winter Hat Street Style Trend
(Tommy Ton for Style.com)

Because one way is simply not enough. 

1. The Classic Fedora: 

street style fedora hat winter
(Polienne.com, Carolinesworld.net)
If you're like me and your winter is anything but cold and dreary, this classic style hat is a simple way to update your wardrobe for the mild weather this winter--no mittens or russian hats necessary.

Some of my favorites include: Clean Edge Fedora, Floppy Hat in Wool, Classic Fedora Hat and Catarzi for ASOS Floppy Hat.



2. The Fuzzy Beanie: 

chiara ferragni winter hat beanie
(The Blonde Salad)

street style winter hat beanie
(Ivajean.com)
Despite my mild climate, the fuzzy beanie is one of my favorite winter accessories. I wear my own, trusty black beanie every chance I get. Who needs seasons, when you can have the feeling of kittens hugging your head all year round?

Some of my favorites: Aspen Classic Cable Hemp Beanie (vegan), The Essential Slouch Beanie (vegan),  Splendid Cashmere Beanie in Cream, and Black Cashmere Knit Beanie



3. The Wool Cap:

Susie Bubble Wool Cap Street Style
(Vogue.com)

Wool Baseball Cap Winter Hats Trend Street Style
(Northern Light)

Last but not least, the wool cap. A new trend I've seen in bits on on the streets lately, the wool cap is the sneakiest way to keep your head warm without piling on so many layers that you begin to look like the Michelin Man.

Some of my picks: H&M Wool Cap , J.Crew Colorblock Wool Baseball CapLL Bean Wool Ball Cap, and Anthropologie Lumida Cap (vegan).





3 comments:

  1. Ah, I spent oh so many hours last fall looking for one of those caps, but in vegan felt instead of wool felt.
    It was literally impossible to find! I was grumpy for like a week for not finding one, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are actually impossible to find! The only one I could find that is remotely similar to the style of those above is this one here by anthropology: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/accessories-wraps/31055460.jsp?cm_sp=Grid-_-31055460-_-Regular_30

    From searching around the web, it seems like we're not the only ones having this problem. Perhaps this could be a profitable business venture? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have spent a lot of time looking for vegan felt hats. The only one I found is way more expensive than a regular wool hat and I'm super torn. I am vegan and don't buy leather but I'm considering just getting a wool floppy hat.

    ReplyDelete